We are started our Oregon trip this spring at Cannon Beach. A beautiful place just west of Portland. It was a cool, windy day. Smelling salt water again was a treat and here is a picture of Ruth with Haystack rock in the background. To give you an appreciation of this place I’ve included notes about a local artist who spent an entire year painting this scene, every single day. Sound like another guy who understands how to get the most out of our journey…
Over the course of a full year. Richard Gorsuch, a Cannon Beach artist, set out Jan. 1,
with the goal of painting Haystack Rock every day for a full year. Through every kind of weather, good and bad health, degrees of darkness and light, he set up shop and painted Haystack Rock.
Every day, all 365 days of the year. He had no “lofty life-changing purpose” and said that “Some days it was just dismal, cold and disinteresting, but life is like that. It’s not all bells and whistles.”
“When you look at it, it’s like a box of Sees Candies,” said Richard. “It’s still the same rock, beach, ocean and sky. But the light, and cloud formations ... it’s like when light comes through a prism in the kitchen window and you get a rainbow. It’s the handiwork of God creating. And it was different each and every day.”
“Mother Teresa described herself as a little pencil in the hand of God,” Richard explained. “I can resonate with her thinking when I have a tiny brush in my hand. How gorgeous the world is and how small we are, yet privileged to be there, paying homage to it.” “I’m just one guy on the planet on my journey,” said Richard. “And I keep moving.”
Over the course of a full year. Richard Gorsuch, a Cannon Beach artist, set out Jan. 1,
with the goal of painting Haystack Rock every day for a full year. Through every kind of weather, good and bad health, degrees of darkness and light, he set up shop and painted Haystack Rock.
Every day, all 365 days of the year. He had no “lofty life-changing purpose” and said that “Some days it was just dismal, cold and disinteresting, but life is like that. It’s not all bells and whistles.”
“When you look at it, it’s like a box of Sees Candies,” said Richard. “It’s still the same rock, beach, ocean and sky. But the light, and cloud formations ... it’s like when light comes through a prism in the kitchen window and you get a rainbow. It’s the handiwork of God creating. And it was different each and every day.”
“Mother Teresa described herself as a little pencil in the hand of God,” Richard explained. “I can resonate with her thinking when I have a tiny brush in my hand. How gorgeous the world is and how small we are, yet privileged to be there, paying homage to it.” “I’m just one guy on the planet on my journey,” said Richard. “And I keep moving.”
No comments:
Post a Comment