Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Last Supper


It's Maundy Thursday and the men from our church are doing the last supper for us. It's a drama based on the painting by Da Vinci and it's been done for many years by many churches, but everytime we do it, the impact is the same, it reminds us that the those first disciples were regular guys, just like the ones in our church, and it helps us to appreciate again the wonderful gift of holy communion. As we move deeper now into holy week, may the Lord grant to us all a wonderful reminder that we too have a place at his table.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi John,
This is Bobbie from Cabo. Loved meeting you and Ruth; in fact, on Saturday I felt something was missing and I believe it was because you and Ruth had left.
Enjoy your sight, very nice.
Please tell Ruth Torrey and I saw her sea monster!!!
Your grandchildren are adorable.
Hope it isn't too long before we meet again.
God bless,
Bobbie, Joe and Torrey
P.S. our emails:
bobbievelasquez@gmail.com
velasquez.joseph@gmail.com
victoria.l.velasquez@gmail.com