Friday, November 10, 2006

Ho, Ho, Ho



Ho, Ho, Ho? Already?! Yes, believe it or not, even though Christmas is still 45 days away, I’m already getting into the spirit. It’s not even Advent and Ruth and I have already bought and listened to a new James Taylor Christmas CD.

That’s just not like me. So what’s the deal? I’m not really sure myself, but I think it has something to do with all of the conflict, violence, war, roadside bombings and school shootings. Though Christmas itself may not change any of that…

I’m finding that I really need to hear again the wonderful story about the birth of Jesus. And that I can hardly wait to see all of our kids (like Alexandra here) all dressed up like angels and shepherds. So, don’t be surprised if you hear me humming: “O rest beside the weary road and hear the angels sing.”

I know it’s early, but I’m really ready for a little peace on earth and good will towards all.

No comments: